Release notes help us determine any changes on Toontown Online's open and test servers. This is the release notes page for 2006.
|Toontown Online||2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|Toontown Test||2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
January 12, 2006 [sv22.214.171.124]
- Start your engines! Goofy Speedway has expanded and now features three additional racetracks, as well as a Grand Prix tournament!
- Each track entrance now offers an additional racetrack (and its reverse counterpart): City Circuit now also leads to Blizzard Boulevard, Screwball Stadium will now also lead to Corkscrew Coliseum, and Rustic Raceway will also take you to Airborne Acres.
- All signs under each tunnel will flash several times before changing to the different race track name. Once you are on the starting block waiting for the race to start, the racetrack will not change.
- The new Grand Prix event will require Toons to Toon Battle through three racetracks in succession! The Toon with the highest score in the entire event wins! It costs more to enter but the rewards are well worth it (not to mention the bragging rights!).
- There's a new gag available for Toon Battle. Can you guess what it is? (HINT: it goes "SPLAT!")
- Here are additional bug fixes:
- Fixed issue with Bear stinky SpeedChat phrases performing the wrong emote.
- Fixed a rare crash caused by the Mailbox buttons being clicked in rapid succession.
- Toons will now "timeout" of a Kart race if they take too long to finish. Currently that time is set to 60 seconds above the qualifying time for that track.
- Fixed bug that may cause an "invisible" Toon to be present during a Cog battle.
- Made several crash fixes.
January 19, 2006 [sv126.96.36.199]
- Some changes have been applied to Karting so it is less likely for a Kart to end up in "grey space" outside of a track, and if it happens the Toon and Kart will be teleported back onto the track.
- The "skid/smoke" effect will no longer show up while a Kart is flying in midair while taking a corner.
- Fixed a bug that caused Toons who timed out during a Grand Prix race to immediately time out again when they try to enter another Grand Prix race.
- Fixed a background graphics issue with Airborne Acres Reverse track where one might have seen a black "tear" in the landscape.
- Fixed bug that caused qualify and race win trophies to not be awarded for the new tracks.
January 26, 2006 [sv188.8.131.52]
- We've been made aware that some players may still be having issues with the Grand Touring trophy. We are looking into it and apologize for the inconvenience
February 1, 2006 [sv184.108.40.206.v2]
- The Grand Touring trophy issue is fixed, and the trophy should be properly awarded now.
February 8, 2006 [sv220.127.116.11.v3]
- Made a fix to curb recent crashes having to do with Teleporting to your own or your friend's Estate.
February 22, 2006 [sv18.104.22.168.v3]
- Applied data clean-up patch. If you notice any loss of data on your account or Toon, please submit a bug report.
March 21, 2006 [sv22.214.171.124]
- We have added more features to the 3-day Trial account. Check it out!
- Fixed a bug that was causing Doodles to walk away from Toons right after performing a trick.
- Fixed a bug that caused some Toons' Estates to sometimes "disappear" and become inaccessible.
- Fixed a graphics issue that caused some players to see incorrect colors/textures and other graphics glitches.
- Fixed a crash that occurs when some players try to switch to full window mode.
- Fixed crash which occurs if a player switches Toons after having thrown a pi e in a Karting Toon Battle.
- Fixed a rare crash which happens when a Toon finishes a Kart race just as he or she is about to "time out" of the race for taking too long.
March 22, 2006 [sv126.96.36.199]
- Fixed a bug that occasionally causes Toons to crash out if they are near other Toons getting on and off the race starting pads in Goofy Speedway.
April 1, 2006 [sv188.8.131.52.v3]
- The Toon Council has announced the start of a new Recruit-a-Toon program. Earn jellybeans IN-GAME when you enlist your friends and family to TRY Toontown.
April 25, 2006 [sv184.108.40.206]
- Court is now in Session - Lawbot HQ is here! Check out Polar Place, the new street in The Brrrgh, which not only leads to Lawbot HQ but is the new home to last month's winning Knock-Knock Joke Contest entries.
- The number of Merits earned in Sellbot Factory has been increased by a factor of two. This does not affect the gag experience multiplier.
- Update to the Districts Shticker Book page: Districts with a red light indicate that the District is highly populated at this time and that gameplay would be compromised if traffic increased. Districts with a green light indicate this is the best place to be at this very moment. Districts with a blue light indicate that this is a less populated District, optimal for looking for the building you may need, but fewer Toons to work with.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when someone finishes a Kart race right when they "Time Out".
- Fixed the Whole Cream Pie delivery quest text so directions to Tom will be given by Fifi.
- Some dialogue concerning Cog Summons have been changed.
- Screenshots will no longer have debug text all over the image.
- Fixed a problem in Kart Racing where the race progress GUI sometimes did not appear in a timely manner.
- Added new SpeedChat options specific to Lawbot HQ.
April 27, 2006 [sv220.127.116.11]
- Maintenance release.
May 4, 2006 [sv18.104.22.168]
- We've made some enhancements to the Chief Justice battle. Here are the details:
- In the 9 Cogs difficulty case, a Toon's evidence will have a bonus weight of 1 for every juror after the first one is successfully put on the jury. For example, if a Toon were able to put 3 jurors successfully onto the jury, the total weight for her evidence would be 3 (1 + 2 bonus). During the bonus state (when all Cogs are stunned) this would double to 6!
- In the most difficulty case (10 Cogs!), the evidence bonus weight will be 1 for ever juror successfully put on the jury. For example, if a Toon shot 4 jurors into the jury box successfully, the total weight of her evidence would be 5 (1 + 4 bonus).
- You can now click on other Toons in the Chief Justice battle to see their health, and the Friends Panel should also appear.
- The cannon ammo indicator during jury selection will now blink when you are about to run out of shots.
- The Chief Justice will perform his area attack less frequently.
- It should now be easier to hit the pan on the scales of justice when it is very low (i.e. when Toons are winning!).
- We've added a SpeedChat phrase for telling other Toons your evidence weight bonus during Chief Justice battle. If you have no bonus it will not be available.
- Made changes to help correct some elevator woes inside the DA's Office Lobby.
- The damage of Sellbot HQ's Factory Goons has been decreased.
- Fixed the graphics issues with the snow flakes in The Brrrgh.
- The names of Toons with the Polar Bear effect should now be legible.
- Fixed a typo in Dr. Pullyurleg's dialogue when he offers you a new gag track to pick.
- Fixed a few crash causing bugs and improved general stability.
May 23, 2006 [sv22.214.171.124]
- Made changes which will make sure Toons receive the reward for defeating the Chief Justice.
- Corrected a few typographical errors
- Fixed a bug that caused problems with gift purchases and referrals for Toons with international characters in their names.
- Improved stability by eliminating the ability to skip certain battles in the DA's office.
- Improved game stability when interacting with the Mailbox in your Estate.
August 2, 2006 [sv126.96.36.199]
- Six Estate cannons will be available for a 48 hour rental period in your next issue of Clarabelle's Cattlelog. Play in pinball mode, where a high score is awarded for careening off the most objects, or in Toon-Up mode, where the more times you hit the floating target (while the clock is ticking!), the more Laff Points are restored.
- Winning designs from the T-Shirt Design Contest - 3 US winners and 1 UK winner - are now available for purchase from Clarabelle's Cattlelog.
- Fixed an issue with the game sometimes incorrectly assigning DirectX 7 (which is no longer supported) and thus would result in the player unable to start Toontown.
- Toons now have shadows while walking on dirt paths in the Estate.
August 3, 2006 [sv188.8.131.52]
- Fixed several Estate Cannon game related crashes, and improved overall stability.
- Fixed problem some Toons had with leaving the Chief Justice Lobby.
- Made sure the T-Shirt Contest winners' designs were available to all Toons in the Cattlelog.
August 23, 2006 [sv184.108.40.206]
- Updated Estate Cannon game with minor refinements in collision detection.
- Corrected missing Donald-in-a-Box graphic element in Donald's Dreamland.
- Fixed missing sound FX when a Toon receives evidence from the witness stand during Chief Justice battle.
September 14, 2006 [sv220.127.116.11]
- Estate gardening is here - can you dig it?
- Spruce up your Toon's estate with new gardening tools available in your next issue of Clarabelle's Cattlelog! Plant jellybeans around your house, add water, and watch 'em sprout. Once they've bloomed, pick 'em and sell 'em at the wheel-barrel to earn more jellybeans for planting!
- The more you garden, the greater the variety of flowers you can plant. Advance your skills to purchase better gardening tools, earn trophies, and add to your total Laff Point level. Master gardeners can enhance their estates with statues and fountains available only from Clarabelle's Cattlelog.
- And if you're running low on cream pies, plant a gag and watch a gag tree grow a stash of'em for you to pick and use in battle. Plant up to eight different trees around your estate. Plus, organically-grown gags have an advantage against the Cogs!
September 28, 2006 [sv18.104.22.168]
- Fixed an issue with the big Watering Can that caused it to give an incorrect amount of water.
- Added new SpeedChat phrase "Sorry, I'm busy gardening!"
- Fixed a crash bug which could occur if another Toon is checking out your garden and you leave your Estate.
- Fixed a bug that would occasionally cause a crash when you water a plant.
- Fixed graphics associated with harvesting gags from a tree planted on a slope.
October 25, 2006 [sv22.214.171.124]
- Stock up for battle with seven ultra-Toontastic new gags: High Dive, Train Track, Presentation, Opera Voice, Wedding Cake, Geyser, and Ocean Liner!
- Each Level 7 gag is unlocked once you've maxed out at 10,000 skill points on that gag track.
- Unlike other gags, Level 7 gags are only awarded once you earn 500 additional skill points.
- Each time you want to use a Level 7 gag, you will need to re-earn these skill points.
- You can also plant one of these special gags in your Estate's garden.
November 20, 2006 [sv126.96.36.199]
- Made the hardest parts of the Tug of War Trolley game easier.
- Fixed an incorrect camera angle for the Opera sound gag.
- Fixed problem with long text stepping over their word bubbles in the Cattlelog.
- Fixed a rare bug that caused the reward movie sequence for level 7 gags to not play correctly.
- Fixed a rare crash that occurs for the Catching Game.
- The Reward movie will no longer play if all Quests have been completed.
- Tweaked and improved the timing of sound FX and camera movements for the High Dive gag and all Sound gags.
- Fixed a problem Toons had with picking a Gag Tree while your gag inventory was full. It used to result in your Toon losing the gag off the tree, but now you won't be able to pick from a Tree (nor remove the tree) when your inventory is full.
- Made changes to gags so that Level 7 gags no longer count toward the maximum number you can have.
November 22, 2006 [sv188.8.131.52]
- Mac Only: A new Launcher was released and will automatically install when you next login through the Toontown website. It has a fix for "Player's Guide" button which will now correctly display the Player's Guide page in your web browser.
November 29, 2006 [sv184.108.40.206]
- Fixed a problem having to do with walking down streets and then teleporting back to the playground which could lead to game instability.
- Made other fixes and changes which will enhance game stability.
- The new Launcher and browser plug-in are available for installation. Please login through the Toontown main website and click the red "PLAY" button for automatic download and install.
- Fixed a problem with the Launcher where the game installation music would continue after it had finished installing.
- Fixed a bug that caused you to not be able to re-enter Toontown via the "PLAY" button on the "Thanks for Playing" exit page after you've exited Toontown.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Launcher to crash if you used a trial account, and to incorrectly treat your paid account as "trial" after you've paid for a subscription.
- The correct download music and movie showing download progress will now play in the Launcher.
- Made fixes pertaining to patching, logging, and error handling in the Launcher.
November 30, 2006 [sv220.127.116.11.v2]
- Fixed a bug which would cause in game latency and instability whenever your Toon went to your Estate to visit with your Doodle, entered and exited your House, then teleported back to the playground.
- A new Launcher and browser plug-in are available for installation. Please login through the Toontown main website and click the red "PLAY" button for automatic download and install.
- The new plug-in will now properly minimize the web browser when you re-enter Toontown using the "Play" button on the Toontown webpage after exiting.
- The new Launcher will fix a problem with the creation of the Logs folder which Toontown requires to run properly.
December 1, 2006 [sv18.104.22.168]
- Fixed a bug which would cause an exit crash if you tried to return your Doodle at the Doodle Shop, cancel, then exit the game.
- Fixed a bug that could cause crashes when you teleport around.
December 6, 2006 [sv22.214.171.124.v2]
- Mac Only: A new browser plug-in is available for installation. Please login through the Toontown main website for automatic download and install. This fixes a problem with proper Mac OSX version detection.