Release notes help us determine any changes on Toontown Online's open and test servers. This is the release notes page for 2009.
|Toontown Online||2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|Toontown Test||2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
January 7, 2009 [sv220.127.116.11]
- Toons now have a way to turn Type Chat sounds on/off via a new option in the Shticker Book's "Options" tab. Type Chat speech sounds are defaulted to "on", so when you type chat now you will hear your own Toon and other Toons' meows and growls! If you switch Type Chat sounds to "off", you will no longer hear your own Toon nor other Toons.
- SpeedChat phrases will continue to have sounds and is unaffected by this new feature.
February 5, 2009 [sv18.104.22.168]
This was a maintenance release.
February 24, 2009 [sv22.214.171.124]
This was a maintenance release.
March 17, 2009 [sv126.96.36.199]
Boarding Groups Released
- The Toon Council is pleased to announce our latest addition to Toontown -- Boarding Groups! Players can use this feature to group with other Toons for boarding Cog HQ elevators/karts and Boss Battle elevators. A minimum of two Toons are required to form a Boarding Group, and players can create a group of up to either four or eight Toons to enter a Cog HQ elevator together.
- While in a Cog HQ Lobby, create a Boarding Group by selecting a Toon and clicking the Invite button at the bottom of their detail panel. The first player to send an invitation that is accepted is designated as that group's leader. Any group member can invite others, however only the leader can remove Toons from the group. Any Toons removed by the leader can only rejoin the same boarding group if the group leader invites this Toon back.
- Once the group is created, the Boarding Group panel will become available on the left side of the screen, which displays each Toons' status. When the group is ready, only the leader can launch the Boarding Group by pressing the "GO" button at the bottom of the Boarding Group panel, and all Toons in the group will board together. Similarly a Boarding Group leader can walk into an elevator and all members will automatically board at the same time, provided the elevator has enough empty slots for the entire boarding group. Upon their arrival in the Cog HQ, the Boarding Group panel will disappear as the group has entered the HQ.
- Please note: When you are part of a Boarding Group, you can not use the "Go To" button to teleport to another Toon. You also cannot leave the boarding area via Teleport or walking through doors, and cannot board an elevator yourself, so long as you remain a member of a Boarding Group. If you need to leave the boarding area, simply click on the "Leave" button on the Boarding Group panel first.
Currently, the following Cog HQ Elevators offer Boarding Groups:
- Sellbot HQ
- Sellbot Boss Battle Elevator
- Front Entrance Elevator
- Back Entrance Elevator
- Cashbot HQ
- Coin Mint Elevator
- Dollar Mint Elevator
- Bullion Mine Elevator
- C.F.O. Battle Elevator
- Lawbot HQ
- Lawbot A Office
- Lawbot B Office
- Lawbot C Office
- Lawbot D Office
- Chief Justice Battle Elevator
- Bossbot HQ
- Front Three Golf Kart
- Middle Six Golf Kart
- Back Nine Golf Kart
- C.E.O. Battle Elevator
March 18, 2009 [sv188.8.131.52]
This was a maintenance release.
March 19, 2009 [sv184.108.40.206]
This was a maintenance release.
March 26, 2009 [sv220.127.116.11]
- The Toon Council is super-excited to announce the release of Toon Parties - where players can have parties filled with crazy activities and wacky decorations with up to 20 Toons!
Here's what's new:
- Toon Parties - Have a party with your Toon friends, or make new friends in a public party! Try your best Toon-moves on the Dance Floor, have a blasting good time with party Cannons, or see how high you can jump on a Trampoline! Even earn JellyBeans while having a great time with your friends. At this time, only Members can host a Toon Party, but all Toons -- Members and Free players -- can attend a party. The initial cost to create a party is 100 JellyBeans. There are many activities and decorations available to rent, so you can plan the perfect Toon Party.
- Party Gates - Visit any neighborhood Party Gate, and walk right up to the stairs to see what public parties are happening, or talk to a Party Planner to create your own party.
- Toontown Time - Toontown now has an in-game clock set to Pacific Time. Clocks are located at each Party Gate, and in your Shticker Book. Now you can easily coordinate your parties and other fun activities with your friends!
- New Shticker Book Events Page - The Shticker Book has a new Events page, noted with a party hat icon, which is where all of your party information is located. Keep up-to-date on all of the fun with your Toon Calendar, and all of your parties with the Hosting and Invitations tabs. The Events page has three sections.
- Calendar Tab - The Toon Calendar lists all weekly events, Toon holidays, and any parties that you are attending or are hosting. You can use the filter in the upper-right corner to change what the Calendar will display.
- Hosting Tab - The Hosting tab show your next party by date, guests, activities, and decorations. You can also switch your party from private to public here. This is where you go to start your party, or cancel it provided the party hasn't already started.
- Invitations Tab - The Invitations tab lists all parties where you have accepted invitations along with each party's activities.
- Party Invitations - Party invitations are received through your Estate mailbox. When you receive an invitation you have three options: You can accept the invitation, decline the invitation, or choose to respond later by simply closing the invitation and leaving it in your mailbox. The host will be notified of your response once you have made your choice to either accept or decline the invitation.
March 27, 2009 [sv18.104.22.168]
- Fixed bug which caused Toons to jump impossible heights on the Party trampoline.
- Fixed bug which allowed a Toon to teleport to another Toon who's at a Party that's about to end.
- Fixed problem which caused some Toons' scheduled parties to not start correctly.
- Fixed crash which can occur during Party planning.
- Party privacy setting (public or private) can no longer be changed after a party has started.
March 28, 2009 [sv22.214.171.124]
- Fixed some Parties related crash bugs. Parties should be more stable now!
- Fixed issue where if a Toon in a Party Cannon disconnected his or her Toon head would be "stuck" in the Cannon. This was only a graphics glitch and should not have prevented other Toons from using the Cannon.
*** KNOWN ISSUES ***
- There is a chance your Toon may become stuck in the jump pose on the Trampoline if you press the Ctrl key before the game begins. If you wait for the upper right corner clock to start counting down before jumping you can avoid this problem.
- A rare occurrence with the Parties Cannons may cause your Toon to appear to be both inside the Cannon and outside at the same time. Just wait until the timer counts to zero or press the Ctrl key and the Cannon will fire as normal.
April 01, 2009 [sv126.96.36.199]
Hey Toons, a few wacky things seem to be happening!
- Toon Estates have gone wackier than usual! It looks like Toon Gravity has been lowered - how high can you go?
- Please interact with your pet Doodle at your Estate and see what's really on their mind!
- Some Neighborhood Characters have gone for a stroll, try to find each, and be sure to say hello when you do!
Plus some other surprises. This may look like a joke, but they sure seem real to us! Which can only mean one thing -- it's April Toons' Week!
*** Bug Fixes ***
- Fixed bug with Party Cannons which had been causing some Toons to become "stuck" in the ground instead of firing normally. Now, when the timer in the upper right corner runs out, instead of auto-firing out of the Cannon your Toon will exit out of the Cannon normally.
- Fixed crash bug which sometimes occur while playing with the Party Trampoline.
April 02, 2009 [sv188.8.131.52]
- Made some changes to April Toons' Week Doodle speak so the "tired" response makes more sense, and "confused" no longer uses a phrase it is once again a question mark icon. Thanks to all the Toons who gave us valueable feedback on these changes!
- Fixed Party Trampoline bug which could cause a Toon to become stuck in mid air.
April 10, 2009 [sv184.108.40.206]
- Fixed a bug that causes a server crash when a Boarding Group disbands.
- Fixed a bug which could cause Toons to become stuck in a Cannon.
April 22, 2009 [sv220.127.116.11]
- In honor of National Jellybean Day, we have doubled Jellybean rewards for playing the Trampoline and Cannons in Parties!
- Added various stability enhancements.
May 13, 2009 [sv18.104.22.168]
- Added more phrases for Goofy to say in Goofy Speedway.
July 2, 2009 [sv22.214.171.124]
- New Summer Fireworks Show.
- 4th of July catalog items available for a limited time.
- Catalog resort(least expensive items first).
- Toons will not get credit for "passing" in group battles against Cogs.
- A sleepy Toon now has an automatic reply capability.
July 16, 2009 [sv126.96.36.199]
- We have some new Party updates:
- New Tug-of-War Game.
- Noise Maker Decoration.
- Up to 10 cannons per party.
- Up to 8 trampolines per party.
July 17, 2009 [sv188.8.131.52]
- Potential fix for Party Tug-o-War crashes.
- Now Party jukeboxes and dance floors are grouped together in Party Editor.
July 22, 2009 [sv184.108.40.206]
- We have some Party updates and fixes:
- New 40 song Jukebox.
- New 20 move Dance Floor.
- New Party Stage Decoration.
- New Party Bow Decoration.
- Now mutually exclusive items may not be purchased for the same party.
July 30, 2009 [sv220.127.116.11]
- Added Party Fireworks.
- Added Party Gate and Pinwheel Decorations.
- Fix for rare Party Cannon "stuck" bug.
- Party Tug-o-War bug fixes.
- Passing all the time (or doing nothing) will not reward merits during a Cog battle.
July 31, 2009 [sv18.104.22.168]
- Fixed a bug that causes a client crash when Toons leave the party as the fireworks are about to end.
August 12, 2009 [sv22.214.171.124]
- Update to enable UK SpeedChat Plus.
- Fix for crash when two Toons are playing the Diving game and the second Toon closes the window.
August 27, 2009 [sv126.96.36.199]
- New "Pick A Toon" and "Make A Toon" experience.
- Party Catch attraction added to Parties.
- New Party Decorations designed by the "Design a Party Decoration" contest winners.
- Mailbox invitations to parties that ended the prior day (or earlier ) will no longer show up.
August 28, 2009 [sv188.8.131.52]
- Fixes for Party Catch crashes.
September 16, 2009 [sv184.108.40.206]
- Fixed bug which was causing crashes when some Toons skipped the tutorial.
- Fixed bug which was causing the shuffle-history button not to work quite correctly (it was not recalling the correct history).
- Fixed visual bug so that the new clothing GUI looks/works proper in Clothing Store (tailor).
- Added rotate button to Make-A-Toon, added new fade in for shuffle-history buttons when the first history shows up.
- Fixed bug which allowed typed chat to appear for SpeedChat Plus enabled users during Toontorial (before encountering Flippy for the first time).
- Fixed other client related crashes.
October 21, 2009 [sv220.127.116.11]
Attention Toons! We have changed the Trick-or-Treating locations this year, so talk to each playground host for a clue on which neighborhood shopkeeper is participating (don't forget to use your Trick-or-Treat SpeedChat phrase).
- New Trick-or-Treat game play update.
- New Halloween Decorations.
- Halloween themed clothing.
- New Classic Characters in Halloween costumes.
October 21, 2009 [sv18.104.22.168.v2]
- Fixed today's occasional AI crashes experienced by some Toons.
October 27, 2009 [sv22.214.171.124]
- Fix for Pumpkin Head effect.
October 29, 2009 [sv126.96.36.199.v2]
Attention Toons! Now you can get your Pumpkin Head back if you lose it after completing any of the "Just for fun" ToonTasks that reward a Toon-changing effect. Just go to any of the participating shopkeepers, use your "Trick or Treat!" SpeedChat phrase, and get your Pumpkin Head back!
November 09, 2009 [sv188.8.131.52.v3]
- Fixed the occasional Catalog/Mailbox related AI crash.
November 18, 2009 [sv184.108.40.206]
- Enhanced "Ignore" button functionality, so that other requests are properly ignored as well besides emotes and chats. Now Friend Requests and Boarding Group requests will also be ignored.
- Changed dates and catalog sale items for Thanksgiving and Winter Holidays.
- Properly sized textures for Winter Holiday decoration.
December 8, 2009 [sv220.127.116.11]
- Winter Holiday is here -- explore each neighborhood to see all of the Toontastic holiday trees and street lamps!
- New Winter Holiday Cattlelog items.
- Support for Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
December 9, 2009 [sv18.104.22.168]
- Changed Winter chatters.
December 22, 2009 [sv22.214.171.124]
- New Winter Holiday Toon Caroling game play. Visit the six participating shopkeepers, sing them a holiday carol from your SpeedChat menu and receive a snowman head effect for your Toon.
December 24, 2009 [sv126.96.36.199]
- Fixed the snowman head bug which was causing the muzzle to show up after delighted or laugh emotes.