Release notes help us determine any changes on Toontown Online's open and test servers. This is the release notes page for Toontown Test in 2005.
|Toontown Online||2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|Toontown Test||2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
January 12, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- We're starting the new year with a new build of Toontown, with many changes to the game's underlying structure and the addition of a new street. While very little is visibly changed, please be sure to give the new build a thorough workout!
- Pajama Place is here! Go to Donald's Dreamland to visit this new street!
- Fixed bug with "Belly Flop" and "Cringe" emotes, the first one would show up as "Cringe" when whispered, and the other showed up as "Surprised".
- Fixed a crash that would occur when one checked the parent password for Limited SecretFriends chat options.
January 14, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test]
- There are now Cogs in Pajama Place street.
- Fixed arrow indicators which were pointing at nearby buildings and Toons in the wrong directions.
- Fixed multiple bad camera angle issues.
- Fixed Sellbot Factory stomper crash.
- Fixed instability of camera inside buildings.
- Fire hydrants are now animated, and there is a Mickey statue in Pajama Place.
- Fixed multiple building name issues in Pajama Place.
- There are now signs in the interior of shops.
January 21, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Cashbot HQ preview!
- Here's a preview of what every Cog bustin' Toon has been waiting for.
- You can reach Cashbot HQ via the entrance at the end of Pajama Place.
- Currently you can play in the Train Yard and the Mint.
- At this busy freight yard, you should only be able to cross the tracks via the red pedestrian bridges. If hit by a train you will be damaged and flattened temporarily (a la the stompers). Watch out for roaming Cogs while on your way to the elevators.
- The three elevators take you to various floors in a Mint. Each floor consists of a "random" combination of rooms. Some may be puzzle rooms with stompers, conveyors, and crates (like the factory), others may have barrels of gags, and some will have cog battles in them.
- There are three mints (coin/dollar/bullion) and each one has 20 floors, for a total of 60 mint floors. When you go into a mint elevator, you attempt to conquer a single floor.
- Each mint floor is made up of a sequence of rooms, and the rooms are pulled from a shared pool of 25 total unique rooms. That means that a particular room (i.e. the room with a big gear on the floor.) will show up on multiple floors, but you will never see the same room more than once on a single floor.
*** NOTE ***
- There are a few rooms in some Mint floors that are rather empty at the moment. They will have more features added at a later date.
- Please be sure to note the Mint Floor number when you report a bug associated with the Mint. Taking a screenshot will automatically show the floor number and roomID so that would be the best way to report any bugs.
January 22, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- All Mint rooms should be populated now.
- Moved Cashbot HQ location on Shtiker Book map to upper left corner.
- Fixed a reward panel bug where, in a battle if another Toon's task has been completed but your Toon has not and his panel displays before yours, your task will display in green (completed) even though it is not.
- Tweaked merit amount in Mint and fixed a bug with the reward display.
- Fixed the message need Cog Suit message at the main door of Train Yard.
- Fixed a bug where if you try to teleport to a friend at a location that hasn't finished loading it will cause a crash.
- Fixed a crash having to do with using SOS inside the Mint.
- The Lava and Paint within some Mint rooms will now do 2 damage.
- Fixed an issue with Toons being stacked at the same area after coming off the elevator to the Mint.
- You will no longer be "stuck" in the Mint if you become sad from Lava or Paint.
- When you finish a battle with Cogs inside the Mint you will now always face the correct hallway or stairs.
- Fixed a problem with using Whispers while the Shtiker Book is open.
January 27, 2005 [sv220.127.116.11.test]
Some adjustments have been made to Sellbot HQ for mid-level Toons:
- Cog disguise parts will no longer get knocked off in battle with the V.P.
- Goons do less damage
- Fewer Cogs come out of the V.P.
- The requirements for a full Sellbot and Cashbot Suit and Merits have been temporarily lifted for testing purposes only.
- Some puzzles in the Mint have been tweaked and improved.
- You will now lose all your gags if you become sad from lava/paint/Goons/Stompers.
- Volume of Train noises in the Train Yard have been lowered.
- Changed name of Mint boss Cog from Factory Foreman to Mint Supervisor.
- Shortened download phase names in Pick-A-Toon screen so they won't overlap the QUIT button anymore.
January 28, 2005 [sv18.104.22.168.test]
- Some new Tasks have been added for Pajama Place, please give them a try!
- The C.F.O. battle cut scenes have been improved.
- There is a new room type in the Mint: "Gear Stack".
- Various aspects of the Mint rooms have been improved.
- Number of Cogs that appear during the C.F.O. battle have been tweaked, and their distribution between all sides have been fixed. Toons can also join the other battles going on if theirs finish first.
- Fixed several game crash causing bugs.
February 3, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- Changes to C.F.O. battle:
- Temporarily reduced the number of cogs emerging from the Cashbot C.F.O., to make it easier for testing.
- Fixed some crashes in the C.F.O. battle.
- Stronger goons now produce higher level toon-up treasures.
- Toon-up treasures now pop out from a disabled goon and land a short distance away. You take your chances if you disable a goon near the wall!
- Reduced the frequency at which the C.F.O. throws gears at the crane operators.
- Bigger goons now do significantly more damage to the C.F.O. than smaller goons.
- Fixed a bug in which the goon ray was sometimes triggered even if the Toon wasn't in range.
- Made big goons slightly less aggressive.
- Fixed a bug causing the Sellbot VP not to fall down right away when stunned.
- Fixed overlapping music in both Sellbot VP and Cashbot C.F.O.
- There is now an animation of the lever being pulled when operating a magnet crane.
- More Toon Tasks and Suit Parts have been added for Cashbot HQ.
- Many cosmetic changes and fixes for Cashbot HQ Train Yard and the Mint.
- The Mint levels have been tweaked and fine tuned for better play balance and variety.
- New Mint specific Speed Chat phrase has been added.
- Using a Toon-up reward phrase in the middle of a battle "round" should now work. Previously your Toon would still become sad even if the Toon-up was applied "in time". Please help test this thoroughly!
- *** NOTE *** Toon-up reward phrases are temporarily "infinite".
- Fixed a bug that caused buildings to not be taken over in Pajama Place.
- Fixed graphics issue with Cog buildings inside Pajama Place.
- Fixed a bug that caused Toons to look frozen when teleporting across districts to another friend.
- Fixed many crash causing bugs.
February 4, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test]
- The camera should no longer go inside the C.F.O.'s body.
- The difficulty of the C.F.O. magnet battle has been fine tuned.
- Fixed a few bugs related to Toons going sad in battle.
- The Toon-up reward phrase will no longer be "infinite". Use wisely!
February 4, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Fixed a bug where Toons might get pushed through walls in Mint rooms with gears.
- There are now metal door frames on doorways in the Mint.
- A second Cog battle has been added to some Mint rooms.
- Safes and treasures will not end up outside the walls any more in the C.F.O. magnet battle.
- Fixed a crash going into the C.F.O. magnet battle.
- Toons will no longer lose gags when a jellybean or gag-up chat phrase is used while purchasing gags.
- Fixed laff meter display bug when toon-up phrase is used during a battle.
- Fixed a bug having to do with C.F.O. suit parts Toon Task.
- Fixed a game crashing bug that occurs when a Toon goes sad.
*** KNOWN ISSUE ***
- The Mint elevator doors currently look like they don't close all the way after the countdown. This will be fixed in the next publish.
February 9, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- Further tweaking of Mint levels and rooms.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the Safe helmet would go on the C.F.O. backwards.
- Fixed a bug where the Pick-a-Gag panel sometimes doesn't appear before a battle round.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes your Toon cannot operate the crane in C.F.O. battle.
- Fixed a bug where your Toon ends up stuck when switching between full screen and windowed mode.
- The reward movie after defeating the C.F.O. should no longer be cut short.
- You can now read what other Toons are saying when operating the crane.
- Fixed a problem with purchasing gags very rapidly.
- The backwards Cashbot building icon in Toon Task posters has been corrected.
- Removed C.F.O. related Toon Tasks for low Laff Toons.
- Fixed problem with Mint elevator doors not closing completely.
- Fixed several crash causing bugs.
February 10, 2005 [sv220.127.116.11.test]
- The control stick for the magnet cranes in C.F.O. battle will now move when used.
- Added C.F.O. battle specific Speed Chat phrases.
- Fixed invisible Goons coming out of the C.F.O.
- Fixed remaining problems with operating cranes.
- Fixed a problem with Goons occasionally getting "stuck" in mid-air.
- Fixed an occasional problem with accidental "explosion" visible during C.F.O. introduction.
- Various crash fixes associated with C.F.O. battle.
February 11, 2005 [sv18.104.22.168.test]
- Added particle effects for Resistance Reward SpeedChat phrases.
- Fixed bug with reward phrases tooning up the wrong Toons when used in the C.F.O. or VP cog battles.
- Fixed crash if SpeedChat menu is open at the time a new reward phrase is assigned.
- Added "Let's go fight the CFO!" SpeedChat phrase.
- Fixed C.F.O. reward movie to show each Toon who is earning the reward.
- Fixed music continuing after a toon goes sad in the VP battle.
- Another fix for invisible Goons emerging from the C.F.O.
- Fixed crash resulting from Toons engaging in battle with celebrating Cogs.
- Fixed possible crash when Toon exits the Sellbot Factory.
- Added numerous refinements to Mint levels' look and feel.
- More play balance for the Mint.
- Added Mint Supervisor Toon Task.
- Refined C.F.O. cutscenes.
- Cashbot HQ Cogs now have the proper insigna.
February 15, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- Cashbot HQ Skelecogs now have the correct tie texture.
- Added icon graphics for new CashbotHQ Toon Tasks in Shticker Book.
- Changed "Merit Progress" to "CogBucks Progress" in Cog Disguise page in Shticker Book.
- Fixed sound problem where Drop Gags' visuals do not sync up wth the sound effects.
- The CogHQ lobby doors for SellbotHQ and CashbotHQ will no longer let you in without a full suit.
- The CogHQ elevator for SellbotHQ and CashbotHQ will no longer let you in without full merits/Cogbucks.
- The C.F.O. cog battle now feature the full compliment of Cogs.
- Fixed a bug where Whisper button becomes disabled when switching between full screen and windowed modes.
- Fixed a bug where one Toon quitting the game with "Alt-F4" would result in other Toons crashing when they are all engaged in C.F.O. battle.
- Returned number of merits earned in Mints and Factories to previous levels.
- Fixed several crash causing bugs.
February 15, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test]
- Fixed missing icons for Mint ToonTasks posters.
- Fixed bug which caused Toons to receive different amounts of Merits/Cogbucks for the same Cog battle.
*** KNOWN ISSUES ***
- Currently if your Toon is the last to go sad in a battle you will see your "go sad" animation in gray space. This will be fixed in a subsequent release.
- Please be aware that currently the Factory and the Mint reward too high an amount of Merits/Cogbucks, and we will be correcting this issue in a future release.
February 18, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Changed camera behavior so stompers will no longer block the view of your Toon.
- Fixed problem where stompers and goons in the Factory warehouse were not lined up correctly in order for your Toons to stomp them. You will also have a better view of the goons after the Cog battle on the balcony.
- Added music to CFO introduction scene.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes your Toon will teleport twice when running from a Cog battle inside the Train Yard.
- Fixed problem which caused the last Toon to go sad in a building battle to do so inside gray space.
- Synced up the sound effects for the quicksand gag.
- Fixed various graphics issues in The Burrrgh, Donald's Dreamland, and Daisy's Garden.
February 19, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- Fixed crash which occurs when a Toon goes to his or her Estate.
February 25, 2005 [sv220.127.116.11.test]
- Fixed a bug where Cogs in the Factory or the Mint will not start a battle if they just made some Toons in your group go sad.
- Fixed a problem with using Friends Panel while your Shticker Book is at the Fish Album page.
- Fixed sound sync issue with water cooler Cog attack.
- Fixed problem where Mickey sometimes walk through the Pet Shop.
- Fixed a problem with using the JellyBean-Up reward phrase in the Gag Shop.
March 4, 2005 [sv18.104.22.168.test]
- Made lots of graphical tweaks to the Mint props (money stacks, money bags, gold bars etc). More props were also added to some floors.
- Change the green paint room jump puzzle slightly.
- Fixed a typo for "Mary's Go Around Travel Agency" sign in Toontown Central.
- Tweaked the in game camera behavior when Toon is near a stomper.
- Fixed an erroneous dialog box that would show up when a Toon attempts to board a full Mint elevator.
- Several other grammar and spelling fixes.
March 6, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- Added new sound F/X for trains in the Train Yard.
March 17, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test]
- Fixed a bug that awarded an excessive amount merits and/or item recoveries in any multi-stage battle (i.e. buildings, factories, mints). Now the number of merits received will be increased by the same multiplier used for the gag skill credit.
- For example, merits recovered on the third floor of a building will be multiplied by a factor of two. The result is that in most cases the number of merits gained after the bug fix is comparable to before the fix. Item recovery rates have not been adjusted.
- For more information about how the skill credit multiplier works please refer to the Player's Guide.
- Fish Bingo Wednesdays will now last all day, from Wednesday 12AM PT to Thursday 12AM PT.
- Reduced Train noise volume by half in the Train Yard.
- Fixed two crash causing bugs.
- Various typo fixes.
March 25, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Modified the merits award fix. The increase of necessary merits for promotion will now be more gradual leading up to level 50 cogs. And once you reach level 50 for a cog type you will no longer need to collect merits to fight that cog type's boss, you will earn an executive washroom key which will let you come and go as you please!
- Fixed incorrect "Mary's Go Around Travel Agency" sign again, now it should read "Mary's Go Around Travel Company".
- Fixed incorrect shop name in Task dialogue for "Timbre, Equipment for the Singing Lumberjack".
March 31, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- Fixed a bug where the Mint floors were not calculating the Cogbucks bonus accurately.
- Merits/Cogbucks reward will now be given only when Toons finish the whole Building/Factory/Mint.
- Fixed a typo for building sign "Wet Suit Dry Cleaners".
April 05, 2005 [sv220.127.116.11.test]
- Fixed sign/title mismatch for building "Billy Bud's Big Bargain Binnacle Barn".
- Just for fun Toon effects like Big Head or Giant Toon will now be inactive while inside the Mint because they could make some jumping puzzles awkward and difficult. They will take effect once more when your Toon leaves the Mint.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes your Friends Panel would display the incorrect mood for your Doodle when you are not in your Estate.
April 07, 2005 [sv18.104.22.168.test]
- Adjusted the new Merits/Cogbucks reward fix to correct a problem with the merit requirements to advance beyond level 12 Cogs.
- A new addition to the Player's Guide will detail this change in the future.
April 20, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- Fixed a bug where a Toon might crash out if he/she came out of the building where a Knock Knock joke was being told by that building's adjacent door.
April 21, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test]
- Your Test Server Account Name and Passwords have changed! Test Server Passwords will no longer be able to be changed. Be sure to remember them, keep them safe, and DO NOT share them with anyone!
April 26, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Internal maintenance release.
May 5, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- Happy Cinco de Mayo!
- You can now use your Pets to help you out in battles.
May 12, 2005 [sv220.127.116.11.test]
- Fixed a crash casued by a Toon leaving the Estate while his or her Doodle is performing a Trick.
- Fixed a bug which let a Doodle do certain Tricks over and over without stopping.
- Fixed a crash caused by player clicking on a Pet that is in the middle of assisting Toons in battle.
- Removed tree in the middle of the road in Oak Street in Daisy Gardens.
- Tweaks were made to the Doodle detail panel to look and function more like the Toon detail panel.
- The Doodle trick progress panel will now display progress with all tricks the Doodle has been trained in, not just what the owner Toon has purchased.
- Fixed a shop sign/title mismatch at "The Dandy Lion Exotic Pets".
- Fixed a bug that cause problems when using SpeedChat while the Doodle battle menu is open.
*** KNOWN ISSUE ***
- The game currently crashes when one enters the Mint elevators or when doing VP/CFO battle. Please do not enter the Mint or engage in VP/CFO battle at this time. This problem will be addressed ASAP.
May 17, 2005 [sv18.104.22.168.test]
- Fixed crash when going into Mint elevators and when doing VP/CFO battle.
- Fixed another crash resulting from looking at a Doodle's detail panel when it is doing battle.
- Added a description to the top of the Doodle Trick Progress panel.
- The buttons in the Doodle detail panel (Feed/Scratch/Call) will now be grayed out when disabled to be consistent with the grayed out words.
May 25, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- Fixed incorrect Merits requirements, from "5550" to the correct value of "5500".
- Fixed a bug where after you Whisper to a Secret Friend, all subsequent uses of Doodle Tricks in battle will also get whispered to this Secret Friend.
- Fixed a problem with how Laff Points get restored by Doodle Tricks after the battle round instead of immediately as it should.
- Made changes to Doodle Trick progress panel to show more information.
May 26, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test]
- Fixed a bug which caused Doodle Tricks in battle to heal for more Laff Points than indicated in the Doodle Tricks Progress Panel.
- Further enhanced the Doodle Tricks progress bar "look and feel".
May 27, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Fixed a minor issue with using Doodle Tricks panel in battle.
June 1, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- Fixed a bug that caused Doodle Tricks to heal for an incorrect amount while in the Estate than indicated by the Doodle Tricks Progress Panel.
June 4, 2005 [sv220.127.116.11.test]
- Couple of bug fixes to keep Doodles in Battle stable.
June 7, 2005 [sv18.104.22.168.test]
- Further stability enhancements to Doodles in Battle.
June 10, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- More bug fixes for Doodles in Battle.
June 15, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test]
- Fixed a rare bug with the Doodle Panel that cause crashes.
- Another set of changes to help stabilize Doodles in Battle.
June 24, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Fixed a Bingo crash bug.
- Made additional fix to a problem with whispering and playing with your Doodle at the same time then teleporting to a friend.
- Fixed a crash that happens when a trial account Toon clicks the Chat button while on the Trolley.
July 16, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- Fixed a few bugs that cause a crash when interacting with another Toon's closet and he/she left the Estate.
- Fix a problem where one could become stuck when feeding one's Doodle and trying to teleport to a friend via Friend Detail Panel.
- Fixed a bug where a crash could occur if another Toon in your Estate is making a Cattlelog purchase.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when purchasing Gags.
- Fixed a problem with crashing while Teleporting.
July 28, 2005 [sv220.127.116.11.test]
- Maintenance release.
August 17, 2005 [sv18.104.22.168.v3.test]
- Attention all Toons! It's time to put the pedal to the metal and race over to Goofy Speedway. A new tunnel in Toontown Central will take you there. Make sure to visit one of the helpful mechanics at Goofy's Auto Shop to get started. Every Toon will have 200 complimentry tickets to spend on a Kart, accessories, and race entry fees.
*** NOTES ***
- Additional bug fixes have been made to further stabilize the game.
- We are aware that occasionally when you exit the game it incorrectly takes you to the "Report a Problem" page instead of back to Pick-A-Toon screen. We will be addressing this problem in the near future.
- Tickets are used in Goofy Speedway for all purchases, such as Karts, accessories, and race entry fees.
- A new tab in the Shticker Book will appear after you purchase your first Kart, and that page will keep track of your Karts and Accessories, Trophies and records, and number of tickets you have left.
- You can display your customized ride for all to see on one of many blue platforms surrounding the Kart shop. Just walk up to the left side of the platform.
- There are two working tracks right now, Screwball Stadium and Rustic RaceWay. Each track has a forward and reverse configuration, and each configuration has a practice and race mode. The two left entrances at each track are practice mode, and the two right entrances are race mode.
- Practice runs are a great way to learn the tracks, not to mention it's free and you earn a small amount of Tickets.
- This is a work in progress and as such please excuse the occasional graphics glitch or missing texture. That said, please play in the speedway lots and tell us what you think, we'd love to hear from you especially if you find a bug!
August 18, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- Made several bug fixes to alleviate frequent crashing.
- Improved lag to make game play smoother.
August 18, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test]
- Additional bug fixes have been made to the client and server.
August 23, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Applied additional bug fixes to curb crashes.
- Made numerous minor graphics enhancements and tweaks.
- You can no longer drop an anvil on someone who has finished the race
- Equalized game performance across various types of computers.
August 24, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- It is now easier to hit the turbo boost arrows on track.
- Fixed a bug where you crash when someone else drops an anvil.
- Fixed the tutorial text at the beginning of the race for each track so the correct track name is now displayed.
- Track records have been reset.
August 26, 2005 [sv220.127.116.11.test]
- Made several more bug fixes to keep crashing to a minimum.
- Goofy Speedway now features distinct background music, including a different song for each track.
- The tunnel in Toontown Central leading to Goofy Speedway now sports a new look.
August 30, 2005 [sv18.104.22.168.test]
- City Circuit track is now open! This challenging road course features lots of corners and s-curves, and one doozy of a jump! Check it out!
- Both Screwball Stadium and Rustic Raceway received some visual tweaking and enhancement.
- Race wins now also count as qualifies if you have never qualified for that particular track. Also adjusted the amount of wins/qualifies needed for trophies.
- Fixed bug that was incorrectly calculating race times.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes causes one to crash at the end of a race.
September 01, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- Tweaked the sights and sounds of Goofy Speedway and Karting in general.
- New sound effects for drifting/skidding, hitting walls/fences, race start, engine, and victory.
- There should be no more "tree-less shadows" in the Rustic Raceway.
- Track tutorial panel is now centered.
- Fixed "1 races won" typo.
- All missing pictures for accessory detail panel are now present.
- Tweaked turbo boost arrows in Rustic Raceway.
- Made changes so that race times are more consistent between what's reported during race and after race.
- Fixed weirdness resulting from a race tie.
- Fixed issue with laps not being recorded properly during race.
- You will no longer lose tickets for timing out while waiting for a race to begin. Also added new dialogue for wait timeouts.
September 02, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test]
- Fixed bug that caused a crash during toon-battle races.
- Fixed disappearing shadow under giant wrench near the Kart Shop.
- Fixed problem with not receiving tickets for practice race.
- Added qualify notice at the end of the race.
- Changed countdown clock at the bottom right corner into a cancel button, and moved countdown timer onto the sign board above each track tunnel.
- Fixed a problem where karts are sometimes able to go through a fence and leave the track.
- Fixed the missing shadows problem with a section of the City Circuit.
- Gave more descriptive names to the Dual Fins accessories.
- Removed the Turbo Rims (which are default) from purchase list.
- Purchased accessories will no longer show up when browsing available items in Kart Shop.
*** KNOWN ISSUES ***
- The countdown is missing from the sign above both toon-battle race track starting grids at Screwball Speedway.
- The outer left and right starting grids at Rustic Raceway will behave incorrectly when you initiate a race: your Kart will not align with the tunnel or grid.
September 07, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Added text to all signs above each race track starting grid, and fixed the missing countdown clock for Screwball Speedway toon-battle track.
- Fixed problem with Rustic Raceway's outer left and right starting grids not lining up correctly when kart when you initiate a race.
- Lowered prices for the karts.
- Lowered default track record for Rustic Raceway. All records have been reset.
- Further fixes for problem with laps not being recorded properly during a race.
- Fixed several crash causing bugs.
- Misc. graphics tweaks and enhancements.
September 08, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- Fixed missing punctuation and extra phrase in SpeedChat.
- Race track starting grids will now work properly with Toon Task reward effects (i.e. big head).
- When a race is very close at the finish line, a new "photo finish" feature will help determine the winner.
- A new texture is used for the Goofy Speedway tunnel in Toontown Central.
- Repositioned the City Circuit mini map so it is no longer partially off-screen.
September 09, 2005 [sv220.127.116.11.test]
- Slight change to make text more legible on Karting leader boards and on the signs above each race track grid tunnel.
- More fixes to remedy the "laps not being recorded" issue.
September 14, 2005 [sv18.104.22.168.test]
- Applied fixes to address the problem of players with low memory video cards crashing.
September 16, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- All track records have been reset.
- Further equalized kart performance across different computer systems.
- Toon-Battle races will now require at least two Karts to participate.
- Fixed several crash causing bugs to do with Karting.
- Fixed blurry turbo boost arrow texture.
- Made turbo boost arrow on the race track easier to "hit".
- Fixed a problem where from a certain distance your Toon isn't visible while inside your Kart.
- Fixed problem with Kart possibly starting too close to the curb in City Circuit race tracks.
*** KNOWN ISSUE ***
- When you use a banana peel while in the air the peel will stay in the air instead of drop onto the track. This will be fixed with the next TEST update.
September 16, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test.v2]
- Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when a Kart disconnects as it crosses the finish line.
September 17, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Fixed a crash that occurs during a race.
- Fixed the SOS crash bug.
September 21, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- Applied several fixes to prevent crashes.
- SpeedChat phrases during a race will now always appear on off-screen bubbles.
- Shticker Book will now also keep track of Personal Best times for practice races, and Best Qualifying Time can now either come from a Practice or Toon-Battle race.
September 28, 2005 [sv220.127.116.11.test]
- Minor maintenance update with typo fixes.
October 06, 2005 [sv18.104.22.168.test]
- Added Halloween themed items to the Cattlelog.
- Fixed wheel texture on the Trolly.
- Misc. maintenance related updates.
October 07, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- ATTENTION TEST TOONS! Please don't spoil the Halloween surprise for other Toons! Starting Saturday October 8 at 12:00AM PDT, visit all six of the following shop keepers and say "Trick or Treat" for jellybeans and a spooky surprise!
- Whoopie Cushion at the Hook, Line and Sinker Prank Shop on Lighthouse Lane
- Frank Furter at Frank's Pranks on Silly Street
- Choppy at Diced Ice at a Nice Price on Sleet Street
- Luke Lute at Lyre, Lyre, Pants on Fire! on Tenor Terrace
- Gopher at Gopher's Gags on Elm Street
- Fidgety Bridget at Baker's Dozin' Doughnuts on Pajama Place
October 11, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test]
- Attention TEST Toons! There will be another test of the Halloween event starting Tuesday October 11 at 6:00AM PDT and will end on Wednesday October 12 at 11:59PM PDT.
- The treat at Frank's Pranks on Silly Street has been changed to Salmon Chanted Evening Formal Wear on Barnacle Boulevard.
- Fixed the issue with the Treat effect not working in certain areas.
- Fixed the problem with "You've already received your treat" phrase showing up in all shops after getting the first treat.
October 13, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Attention TEST Toons! The Halloween event will once again be tested starting Thursday October 13 at 6:00AM PDT and will end on Friday October 14 at 11:59PM PDT.
- Removed eyelashes from Toon heads when Trick or Treat effect is active.
- Fixed a bug that caused bad exits from the game once Trick or Treat event has started.
- Fixed bug that causes players to see Toons floating outside their Kart when they teleport to them.
- Moved starting block at each track further apart so the Roadster won't appear to "spear" into the Kart in front of it.
- Fixed some text formatting in Goofy's Auto Shop purchase panel.
- Fixed some crash causing bugs in the Shticker Book's Kart page.
November 08, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- Attention TEST Toons!
- While this update lacks any visible new features, it is in fact a completely new build of Toontown with many underlying technologies changed and improved to keep Toontown on the cutting edge! But we need your help to find every bug causing wrench the Cogs have thrown at us during development! Please thoroughly play through every aspect of Toontown and report any bugs or graphical glitches you encounter.
November 11, 2005 [sv220.127.116.11.test]
- Fixed "stuttering/lag" problem while walking down streets.
- Fixed problem with invisible Toon effect.
- Fixed some bugs related to teleporting to a friend across districts.
- Fixed issue with star incorrectly appearing above a Toon when this Toon is not on the Toon Platoon board for a particular district.
- Fixed problem with "invisible Toons" sticking around after they've left the game.
November 12, 2005 [sv18.104.22.168.test]
- Fixed bug that showed wrong number of fish in the fish bucket.
- Fixed bug that's been causing crashes when Toons teleport to their own or a friend's Estate.
November 16, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- Fixed graphics problem which caused some lamps to go missing.
- Tweaked SpeedChat menu color contrast for better visibility.
- Fixed a couple of game client crashes.
- Fixed bug that caused Cashbot HQ Train Yard to not have enough Cogs.
- Signs inside shops have been removed for now until graphics issue is resolved.
November 16, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test]
- Fixed "invisible" lamp.
- Fixed missing Trolley from Playgrounds.
- Fixed missing window frame from Doodle Shop exteriors.
- Fixed issue with special effects (battle, racing, snow, fireworks etc) being the wrong size/scale.
November 18, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Fixed crash bug having to do with receiving an item in the Mail Box while your house is full.
- Fixed a couple of crash causing bugs to do with Teleporting away as another Toon starts a battle.
November 22, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- Fixed problem with Fishing Bingo not working right (it was stuck in intermission).
November 22, 2005 [sv220.127.116.11.test]
- Fixed disappearing Cashbot HQ warning signs in front of Pajama Place tunnel.
- Fixed the bubble special effects to be the right scale/size.
- Lowered the volume of Kart engine sound.
- Fixed several crashes involving exiting Toontown because your Toon fell asleep.
- Fixed a rare crash that occurs when one discards a Cattlelog item.
November 28, 2005 [sv18.104.22.168.test]
- Fixed issue with Doodles running away from Toon after performing a trick.
- Fixed problem with Karting background music not speeding up correctly or fading out at the end of the race properly.
- Fixed a rare crash that occurs when your Toon exits the game by falling asleep for too long and timing out.
November 30, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- Attention Toons:
- We are trying to track down a bug where a Toon loses their chat buttons. The first Toon to report repeatable steps to reproduce the bug earns 500 jellybeans. Happy bug hunting!
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurs when one teleports to a another district.
- Fixed a crash that occurs after a battle.
- Fixed an animation problem with girl Dog Toons when going sad.
December 1, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test]
- Shop interior signs are back.
- More fixes to make sure game does not crash when exiting.
- Fixed a bug that caused "prisms" to appear in the sky.
December 2, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Buildings once again fade in and out of view instead of "pop".
- Fixed the disappearing chat buttons problem.
- Fixed another bug that causes crashes when Teleporting.
- Fixed a graphics glitch that sometimes caused Karts to retain the sparks effects even if no longer colliding with the curb/fence.
- Fixed another bug that causes crashes when exiting game.
December 3, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- Fixed a problem that has been causing odd graphics glitches, including inability to change windowed/full screen modes and "flickering" problems.
December 4, 2005 [sv220.127.116.11.test.v2]
- Fixed a bug that causes game server crashes.
December 5, 2005 [sv18.104.22.168.test]
- Fixed problem with the 15 item wardrobe malfunctioning in some situations.
- More fixes to curb crashes when exiting.
December 5, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- Fixed problem where Invasion announcements weren't being sent to Toons who enter the game or teleport to a different district after it has started.
December 7, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test]
- Fixed a graphics problem with the "Toons of the World Unite! Gag-up!" effect.
December 9, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Bears are now available, please make one and let us know what you think!
- There's a new feature in the Cattlelog ordering system just in time for the holidays! Go check it out and splurge on your friends!
- Fixed an issue with VP boss cog's animation during VP battle.
- Fixed a graphics issue that made some parts of the VP battle platform to look strange.
*** KNOWN ISSUE ***
- You may crash out when exiting instead of going back to Pick-A-Toon screen if you've accessed the Cattlelog. We will work on a fix for this issue upon the next release.
December 10, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- Fixed a crash that occurs after shopping in the Cattlelog.
- Fixed a game server crash caused by buying a gift for a friend who is not online.
- Fixed a graphics problem with the Bear ear.
- Fixed the Bear's and Monkey's speech text to reflect their species.
December 13, 2005 [sv220.127.116.11.test]
- Bear should now have all proper speech sounds.
- Made tweaks to Bear animation when jumping. His neck should no longer "disappear".
- Fixed a bug that caused a button to shift from its normal location during Make-A-Toon.
- It is now possible to send a gift from any Toon to any other Toon on your own account.
December 14, 2005 [sv18.104.22.168.test]
- Fixed a crash which occurs when you try to enter a Toon Battle kart race.
- You should now receive a message when your gift queue is full.
- Your gift recipient list is now color coded.
- Other Toons on your account who are also your Toon's Secret Friend will no longer be listed twice in the gift recipient list.
December 15, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- You will now receive a notification when a gift has arrived.
- Gifts from other Toons on your account won't be "anonymous" anymore.
- Made it easier to talk to HQ Clerks.
- Fixed a rare crash bug.
December 16, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test]
- You will now receive a gift arrival notice from Clarabelle.
- Applied fix to make sure gifts from other Toons on your account won't be considered anonymous.
- Made further fixes to curb server crashes.
- There are now more gift messages indicating item already owned or given etc.
- Made the Mailbox discard button red to avoid accidental refusals.
- Cattlelog will now indicate if an item was ever given to you.
December 17, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Made additional fixes to enhance stability.
December 20, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- Fixed crash having to do with closing window or disconnecting while playing a Mini Game.
- Fixed crash that occurred when one used the Cattlelog phone with a Toon that has the Big Toon effect and the phone was mounted at the edge of a wall.
- Made the Gifting system more robust to curb crashes.
December 21, 2005 [sv220.127.116.11.test]
- Made additional fixes to Gifting to curb client crashes.
- Slightly changed the way Mailbox screen works: There is now a Close Mailbox button on the lower right, and the old Close Mailbox button is now a Discard item button. There will be another confirmation window if Discard is picked to make sure you want to discard that particular item.
December 23, 2005 [sv18.104.22.168.test]
- *** ATTENTION TEST TOONS! ***Goofy Speedway has expanded and now feature three(3) additional tracks, as well as a Grand Prix tournament! Here are the details:
- Each track area now offers an additional track (and its reverse counterpart): City Circuit now also leads to Blizzard Boulevard, Screwball Stadium will now also lead to Corkscrew Coliseum, and Rustic Raceway will also take you to Airborne Acres.
- All signs under each tunnel will flash several times before changing to the different track name. Once you are on the Race Pad waiting for the race to start the track will no longer change.
- The new Grand Prix event will require Toons to Toon Battle through three race tracks in succession! The Toon with the highest score in the entire event wins! It costs more to enter but the rewards are well worth it (not to mention the bragging rights!).
- There's a new Gag available for Toon Battle Karting. Can you guess what it is? (HINT: it goes "SPLAT!")
- On TEST, the Grand Prix event will occur daily from 12PM to 6PM PST.
December 28, 2005 [sv22.214.171.124.test]
- Fixed several bugs which were causing periodic game server crashes.
- Changed record and qualifying times for the new tracks.
- There are real buildings in Blizzard Boulevard track now.
- Track records have been reset.
December 28, 2005 [sv126.96.36.199.test]
- Fixed the problem with Grand Prix event where Toons were charged a ticket fee for each track entered during the entire event. Now a one time fee is charged to enter the event.
- Tweaked the graphics of the buildings in Blizzard Boulevard.
- Made changes to the track characteristics of Blizzard Boulevard. Let us know what you think!
- Fixed a crash that occurs after Kart racing.
- Track records have been reset.
December 30, 2005 [sv188.8.131.52.test]
- Fixed several Kart Racing related crashes.
- Added SpeedChat phrases having to do with new tracks.
- Added appropriate trophies for the new tracks.
- Fixed issue with Bear stinky SpeedChat phrases performing the wrong emote.
December 31, 2005 [sv184.108.40.206.test]
- Fixed problem with Grand Prix event ending then starting and ending again within a few seconds.
- Made more changes to trophies, records, and Grand Prix event.
- Track records have been reset and qualifying times have been tweaked based on testers' feedback.
- Happy New Year!