Hi there. Why am I writing this if I have retired from the wiki?
I may have retired as administrator, but I have been brought with concerns over site-wide protection/closure. Therefore, I want to set things straight.
I have contacted Wikia concerning this issue. I will sum up what is written on the email:
- Administrators may not do a site-wide closure of a wiki for more than one day. The "special circumstances" are not present in this case. The only case Wikia Staff will ever protect a wiki is under extreme cases of a spambot or a particular bad vandalism outbreak. Even more to speak, the protection of the wiki will never exceed 12 hours.
- In the case that the administrators do take this particular action to close the wiki, Wikia Staff may and will…
Hey toons! I can't believe it's been a while since Toontown closed. Ever since then, Toontown Wiki just sort of fell in the hole. But that's not the point of this blog entry.
I never looked forward to writing this blog entry. But honestly, this blog entry has been long overdue. I have gotten to the point where I cannot edit at least once a month. So, I am here to say one last thing...
Farewell my fellow toons. It's been a great run, having been here since July 2010. Almost four years into the wiki, but it's time I move on to other projects and also focus on what's really important to me. I may finish a few things before officially leaving, but this is my resignation post.
I'm going to leave this blog post short. There's not really much in min…
With the closure of Disney's Toontown Online, many have created private servers to keep the game alive. We would like to remind everyone that private servers are NOT allowed on the wiki.
Toontown Wiki is not a host for private servers. Anything pertaining to the private servers are banned from the wiki. This includes:
- Talking to your friends about it on their talk pages or any talk page in general
- Commenting on blog posts mentioning or linking to
- Creating blog posts pertaining to
- Creating/editing articles/categories pertaining to
- Uploading images, videos, and other media
- Linking to or mentioning on any user page or the user profile masthead
- User names
- And so on
Private servers are not part of the official Toontown Online works. What this means is that…
Hey toons! As we all know, our beloved game has now been closed. But that doesn't mean Toontown Wiki will close either! Instead, we will be going through renovations and fixing up articles that need our attention.
"Wait, are you saying we are going to change the tense of the articles into past-tense?"
Not entirely. We COULD do that, but I want to ask everyone here if we should go through this. This would be a lot of work working on at least 3/4 of the 2,000+ articles that are in present-tense, because we would have to carefully examine the sentences and change them.
Project: Reorganization really means we will go fix up articles, re-write them if necessary, and add in any missing information. Here are some articles that could use a fix-up:
Before the final pie flies this Thursday, September 19 at noon, the Toon Council wishes to say a great big thank you to... YOU!
Each and every one of you made Toontown the wackiest, splattiest online world possible.
You are all truly Toontastic!
We hope you enjoyed every madcap moment this last month – from a
goofy Silly Meter to hilarious holidays ("I was a black cat!"
-Flippy), from free play to Toontastic new codes, items, and
fireworks! And, yep, even battling those cranky contraptions
*SPLAT!* the Cogs.
If there's one thing Toons don't do, it's go sad, and we hope these last wacky weeks of fun and surprises leave you with Toontastic memories full of Laff for years to come!
Before noon on Thursday (Toontown Time), do not forget to print out your…